Here at Faith we are committed to the health and safety of everyone who steps foot in our building. Below you will see our COVID-19 response plan as it pertains to worship, education and fellowship and our office hours. Any questions or concerns regarding our plan or the implementation of it can be directed to the church office.
COVID19 POLICY for FAITH LUTHERAN CHURCH, GRAND BLANC, MI
After extensive discussion between members, staff, Elders and the Board of Directors of Faith, the overwhelming majority have agreed it is time to move forward with an update to our COVID-19 response plan. Of course, all who come to Faith Lutheran Church will be expected to continue to act with Christ-like love and respect for all others they encounter.
FACEMASKS WILL CONTINUE TO BE OPTIONAL FOR ALL ACTIVITIES at Faith Lutheran Church.
- Kneeling at the rail for the Lord’s Supper will now be practiced on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month at the 8:15 a.m. Sunday service only.
- Worshipers will take their own individual cup of wine from the Communion tray in all worship services, with organic white grape juice being in a few cups at the center of each tray.
- The pastor and elders who distribute the Lord’s Supper will continue to practice extreme caution with sanitization and self-exclusion if they pose any risk to recipients, however, they will now have the option to not wear a facemask while serving.
- Any group seeking to meet for a non-worship activity must have the clearance of a Faith staff member or the Office Administrator, Alicen Dub.
- Special capacity limitations have been removed.
- Consuming food and beverage is now permitted in the building, though extreme caution will be taken with the sanitary handling of these items.
You are asked to please stay home if you are exhibiting symptoms that indicate you may be ill.
Please note that this policy may be adjusted in the future to match current government guidelines and Christian care for our community.
If you have questions about this policy, you may contact the church office at 810-694-9351.
Thanks for your patience and understanding throughout this pandemic. It’s only by God’s grace that we’ve been able to navigate these challenging times together, continuing to maintain unity within our Faith family.